he Web is primarily about information - about locating information. Rather than seeking to be dazzled or entertained, research repeatedly confirms the hunch that people use the 'Net primarily to locate and access information.
Therefore a Web Site's effectiveness can be measured in terms of the accessibility, usability and quality of information. If the Web is firstly about information, then a Web Site requires clarity in communicatation. To achieve this outcome Web Design company Info-Design Online:
- Use text content which is succinct and readable (Short paragraphs with sub headings and dot points)
- Colour schemes which don't dominate (dark text on white a background)
- Download times which don't frustrate (Minimal graphics together with CCS for navigation)
- Screen layouts which enhance the content (Essential information is visible without excessive scrolling)
- Consistency across the Site which reduces uncertainty (Use of "PHP" server-side scripting)
- Navigation schemes which minimise confusion (Clear description of what action every link/button will trigger)
- Contact details visible on every page to enhance trust (Common page footer across whole site)
- Feedback forms and information systems which are sophisticated yet user-friendly (Data-validation prior to submission).
- Not using technologies or features that don't add benefits for visitors (eg animations & splash page presentations).
Taken together, these principles reflect the design philosophy that Info-Design Online has established over its years of Web Site construction. A design approach which has proved effective… a design approach which we believe clients value also.